Foro Premier League
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Current importance of the cottagers

+4
Billy
The Unknown Killer
mightyred
Cott
8 participantes

Página 1 de 2. 1, 2  Siguiente

Current importance of the cottagers Empty Current importance of the cottagers

Mensaje  Cott 4/1/2010, 1:24 pm

Aquí iré poniendo la actualidad del Fulham
(Temas que no sean fichajes ni lesiones...)

Current importance of the cottagers Swansea+718

Última edición por Cott el 8/1/2010, 2:28 pm, editado 1 vez
Cott
Cott
League Two
League Two

Cantidad de envíos : 350

Current importance of the cottagers Empty Re: Current importance of the cottagers

Mensaje  Cott 4/1/2010, 1:28 pm

Smalling stunned by sudden success
Fulham defender Chris Smalling is struggling to come to terms with his meteoric rise.

The 20-year-old has gone from non-league footballer to Fulham's hottest prospect in 18 months after a string of impressive performances.

The centre-back made his first Barclays Premier League start against Chelsea last week, and was highly unlucky to score an own goal as Fulham went down to a narrow 2-1 defeat.

In the post-match interview, Smalling was not too downbeat about the incident, realising how far he has come in just a few months.

He has put in a series of impressive Europa League performances which have caught the eye of England Under-21 manager Stuart Pearce, who handed him his first cap in August.

"It has been one of those sorts of stories, a meteoric rise" - Chris Smalling

SO QUICKLY

Back in the summer of 2008 Smalling was on the verge of going to Loughborough University while playing for Isthmian Premier League side Maidstone United after being released by Millwall.

And the commanding centre-half, who helped Fulham keep a clean sheet in their FA Cup win over Swindon on Saturday in the absence of injured centre back Brede Hangeland, finds it hard to believe that he has come so far so quickly.

"It has been one of those sorts of stories, a meteoric rise," the 20-year-old said.

"I was unfortunate at Millwall but settled in at Maidstone and then got my chance here and hopefully I can go from strength to strength."

Smalling attributes his rise to Cottagers manager Roy Hodgson, who signed a new 12-month rolling contract last week.

"I have really enjoyed the games I've played in and it's great when you have got a manager of the calibre of Roy showing faith in you while Brede (Hangeland) has been struggling," he added.

"Brede's treatment is going well but hopefully I'll be ready if I have to play the next game [Stoke away on Tuesday]."
Cott
Cott
League Two
League Two

Current importance of the cottagers Empty Re: Current importance of the cottagers

Mensaje  Cott 4/1/2010, 1:28 pm

Que siga esta gran progresión !!! Very Happy
Cott
Cott
League Two
League Two

Mensaje  Cott 4/1/2010, 1:33 pm

Hodgson sets realistic targets
Manager Roy Hodgson has vowed Fulham will never sell their soul in the pursuit of success.

The Cottagers have been transformed under the guidance of Hodgson who has signed a new 12-month rolling contract after leading the club to their highest top-flight finish of seventh and qualifying for the Europa League.

Victories against Manchester United and Liverpool have helped them to ninth place in the Barclays Premier League this term while abroad they can look forward to a last-32 tie against Shakhtar Donetsk.

Thrashing United 3-0 at Craven Cottage 11 days ago will be viewed by many giddy fans as their most treasured Fulham memory and Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger recently identified them as contenders for fourth place.

But Hodgson, 62, stressed the club must never set expectations beyond surviving in the top flight.

"We're working with what we think are the right elements to keep this club growing " - Roy Hodgson

BE REALISTIC

He told the official club website: "Unfortunately, we must emphasise all the time that for us the important factor is to continue this run of years in the Premier League.

"We must be realistic that some years are better than others, not necessarily because we play much worse or work less hard, but because circumstances can contrive against you.

"At the moment we're in the top half of the table. Last year we finished seventh and it would be really good if we can keep that up.

"But we must be careful not to constantly raise the barrier because to do that we would have to change the fundaments of how we work.

"Those fundaments are that we are trying to run the club in a sensible way and to use the chairman's money wisely.

"We're working with what we think are the right elements to keep this club growing at a level it should be at.

"If we can do better than midtable finishes we'll be busting a gut to do that but I'd like to think we will not sell our soul or alter our principles."

RESPECTED VOICE

Fulham appeared destined for relegation when Hodgson succeeded Lawrie Sanchez in late December 2007.

Survival was not guaranteed until a 1-0 victory over Portsmouth on the final day of the season but, only 12 months later, Hodgson had steered the club into Europe.

Superb organisation and a strong work ethic are the hallmarks of Hodgson's Fulham but his is no team of journeymen playing route one football.

Instead, an attractive passing game has established them as one of the more popular clubs in the Barclays Premier League and pundits have been queuing up to shower praise on their manager.

Known for his technical approach, Hodgson's 33-year coaching CV includes stints at Inter Milan and Blackburn Rovers while off the pitch he is considered an articulate and respected voice in the game.

"It's nice that the club want me to stay and I've always made it clear I'm very happy and enjoying my time here," he said.

"The club and team are growing constantly. We're always running as fast as we can to make certain we don't ever go backwards.

"It's nice to know that I'll be here for the years to come and I'm looking forward to that work.

"People know me well enough to understand that I will be doing my best to not let anyone down.

"We will, of course, continue to work tirelessly to ensure that continued success is enjoyed on the pitch in the years to come."
Cott
Cott
League Two
League Two

Mensaje  mightyred 4/1/2010, 1:35 pm

Ojala que siga asi, no solo por el Fulham, Inglaterra tambien necesita material de donde escoger.
mightyred
mightyred
Premier League Legend
Premier League Legend

Cantidad de envíos : 4507

Mensaje  Cott 4/1/2010, 2:34 pm

Bueno pongo esta canción aquí, seguramente algunos de vosotros ya sabréis de su existencia jaja pero para los que no, aquí os dejo el...

¡ QUE VIVA EL FULHAM !

Cott
Cott
League Two
League Two

Mensaje  Cott 5/1/2010, 9:08 am

McBride Returns on Saturday
The Club is delighted to welcome a true Fulham legend back to Craven Cottage on Saturday 9th January when former captain Brian McBride returns for ‘An Evening with McBride’.

Current importance of the cottagers McBride

Brian McBride, the all-American hero who made over 150 appearances for the Whites and captained the side to the dramatic Great Escape of 2008 will be joining us for a very special evening in ‘McBride’s’ after the Portsmouth game.

In his first appearance back at the Cottage since he bid farewell to Fulham at the end of the 2007/08 season, Brian will host a special Q & A session giving supporters the opportunity to ask him about his experiences whilst enjoying a drinks reception and finger buffet.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/January/McBrideReturnsonSaturday.aspx
(Video de McBride en el Fulham)
Cott
Cott
League Two
League Two

Mensaje  Cott 7/1/2010, 5:39 pm

Johnson aims to get among the goals
Andy Johnson wants to provide the goals in the absence of fellow Fulham striker Bobby Zamora.

Manager Roy Hodgson now has to assess his attacking options after Zamora, who has scored 11 times this season, suffered a broken collarbone in the Barclays Premier League defeat at Stoke City on Tuesday.

With the club's top-scorer ruled out for several weeks, manager Hodgson is left with Johnson, Erik Nevland and Diomansy Kamara as his available forwards, with USA striker Eddie Johnson having just accepted a loan move to Greek side Aris FC.

CARRY ON

"That was a massive blow for the team," said Johnson, who suffered a similar injury earlier this season. "He's been fantastic and in the form of his life. His confidence was flying so it's up to me, Erik and Diomansy Kamara to carry on what Bobby's been doing.

"He's been fantastic and he's going to be missed. The boys have got to step in now."

On the 3-2 defeat at the Britannia Stadium, the former Everton and Crystal Palace man said: "It was an awful night and an awful performance in the first-half on Tuesday. We obviously talked about their set-pieces the night before the game and we got done on two which is very disappointing because we worked hard on that the day before in training.

"All the boys were disappointed and we came out in the second-half and gave a much better performance. If we had played 100 minutes instead of 90 I think we would probably have got a draw."

Having endured an injury hit season to date, Johnson made his latest return to the first team during the 2-1 defeat to Chelsea last month. On his rehabilitation he told the club's official website: "It's been hard. I've not been out for three months since I was 18 years old so I've found it difficult.

"What I need now is games - I need another two or three under my belt before I hit my top form. It's quite frustrating at the moment because when you come back in you want to be as sharp as you were before the injury but you've got to be patient.

"I hope the fans can be patient as well and understand it's been a difficult time. What I need to do now is get fully fit and the only way I can do that is through games and training."
Cott
Cott
League Two
League Two

Mensaje  Cott 7/1/2010, 5:53 pm

Espero que Johnson coja rápido la forma y empiece a ver puerta, seguro que en cuanto se estrene no para! VAMOS JOHNSON! drunken
Cott
Cott
League Two
League Two

Mensaje  Cott 8/1/2010, 1:44 pm

McBride Exclusive

Current importance of the cottagers Celeb1

Fulham hero Brian McBride paid a visit to the Training Ground on Friday morning and spoke exclusively to fulhamfc.com.

El gran Brian McBride, ex del Fulham y leyenda viva de los cottagers, ha dado una entrevista exclusiva a la web oficial del club... la pena es que es en video y no domino tanto el inglés como para entenderlo No . Así que os dejo el link del video y si alguien domina lo suficiente el idioma como para entenderlo ya nos pondrá un breve resumen! Wink .

La entrevista: http://www.fulhamfc.premiumtv.co.uk/articles/mcbride-exclusive-20100108_2254083_1927183
Cott
Cott
League Two
League Two

Mensaje  The Unknown Killer 8/1/2010, 2:44 pm

Te dejo un resumen de lo que dice:

Entrevistador: Es grandioso verte de vuelta Brian, pero es una pena que los eventos del sabado tuvieran que ser cancelados

Brian: Si es una verdadera pena, lo esperaba con ansias, mi esposa y yo estamos muy emocionados de estar de vuelta, y ver el Bar y tener esa oportunidad de estar con los aficionados.

Entrevistador: Tambien estuviste de vuelta en el campo de entrenamiento seguro es bueno ponerte al tanto con Roy y los muchachos

Brian: Si fue increible ver de nuevo a los chicos, tuve la oportunidad de charlar con Roy un poco

Entrevistador: Es la primera vez que regresas desde que te marchaste has podido seguir al Fulham en estos 18 meses?

Brian: Por supuesto, es impresionante la cantidad de juegos que puedes ver en los Estados Unidos ahora y probablemente los he estado siguiendo tanto como cualquier fan. Estoy muy emocionado por ver la segunda parte de la temporada, sera muy divertido

Entrevistador: Obiamente Roy ha hecho un trabajo increible en los ultimos meses con el equipo, estas sorprendido con el progreso en tan poco tiempo?

Brian: Por supuesto que estoy impresionado pero no diria sorprendido, obiamente Roy pone un equipo en la cancha que sabe lo que deb de hacer, y su condicion siempre es buena, tiene a los muchachos jugando para ellos y son dificiles de vencer, anotando goles, siento que es el equipo que juega muy bien en conjunto no solo un jugador aqui o allá.

Entrevistador: Y Como van las cosas en Chicago?, emocionado de estar de vuelta en casa y con el Fire?

Brian: Si ha sido grandioso, estar de vuela, tu sabes mi esposa y yo somos de Chicago nuestra ciudad natal y estoy disfrutando estar de vuelta con el Fire.

Entrevistador: Obiamente tu tienes mucha historia tanto en la MLS como en la Premier League, seguramente disfrutaste el sorteo de la copa del mundo

Brian: Si es muy emocionante, deberia ser un buen enfrentamiento, el partido entre Inglaterra y los estados Unidos va a ser muy competitivo y sera una buena forma para que los 2 equipos comienzen.

Entrevistador: Tentado a regresar?

Brian: No, Bob ha creado un equipo que tiene mucha profundidad, si algun dia hay una cantidad increible de lesiones no voy a rechazarlo pero creo que lo que han hecho los jugadores y Bob en la clasificacion lo merecen.

Entrevistador: Va a haber muchos aficionados del Fulham decepcionados de no poder verte mañana en la noche, tienes un mensaje para ellos?

Brian Yo estoy tan decepcionado como ellos, mi mensaje seria que siento no poder verlos pero espero volver pronto y ojal podamos reagendarlo.

Última edición por The Unknown Killer el 8/1/2010, 2:55 pm, editado 1 vez
The Unknown Killer
The Unknown Killer
Premier League Admin

Cantidad de envíos : 9551

Mensaje  Cott 8/1/2010, 2:53 pm

Que crack Killer! Muchas gracias! drunken

cheers McBride ETERNO cheers
Cott
Cott
League Two
League Two

Mensaje  Cott 9/1/2010, 9:13 am

PHOTOS, McCBRIDE RETURNS:

Current importance of the cottagers CachedImage.axd?ImageName=%2fImages%2fMainNews%2fNewsPages%2fPhotoSpecial%2f0910%2fMcBrideReturns%2fDSC_0783

Current importance of the cottagers CachedImage.axd?ImageName=%2fImages%2fMainNews%2fNewsPages%2fPhotoSpecial%2f0910%2fMcBrideReturns%2fDSC_0787

Current importance of the cottagers CachedImage.axd?ImageName=%2fImages%2fMainNews%2fNewsPages%2fPhotoSpecial%2f0910%2fMcBrideReturns%2fDSC_0789

Current importance of the cottagers CachedImage.axd?ImageName=%2fImages%2fMainNews%2fNewsPages%2fPhotoSpecial%2f0910%2fMcBrideReturns%2fDSC_0793

Current importance of the cottagers CachedImage.axd?ImageName=%2fImages%2fMainNews%2fNewsPages%2fPhotoSpecial%2f0910%2fMcBrideReturns%2fDSC_0796

Current importance of the cottagers CachedImage.axd?ImageName=%2fImages%2fMainNews%2fNewsPages%2fPhotoSpecial%2f0910%2fMcBrideReturns%2fDSC_0798

Current importance of the cottagers CachedImage.axd?ImageName=%2fImages%2fMainNews%2fNewsPages%2fPhotoSpecial%2f0910%2fMcBrideReturns%2fDSC_0808
Cott
Cott
League Two
League Two

Mensaje  Cott 10/1/2010, 1:25 pm

Ante la petición de Hodgson el Fulham le renovará el contrato a Nevland (32 años) ya que está dando muy buen rendimiento saliendo desde el banquillo, Nevland por su parte está encantado de jugar en la Premier y desea seguir vistiendo la camiseta cottager pese a tener una oferta del Viking para regresar a su pais natal.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_5851539,00.html
Cott
Cott
League Two
League Two

Mensaje  Cott 11/1/2010, 11:36 am

Baird's Midfield Chance

Chris Baird has performed admirably this season in the heart of Fulham's midfield and is without doubt enjoying his finest spell at the Club since his transfer from Southampton in the summer of 2007.

Manager Roy Hodgson took time to praise the Northern Ireland international recently and highlighted the player's versatility and skill which have proved invaluable this season. After a difficult start to life at Fulham during the 2007/08 season Baird is certainly enjoying a campaign to remember this year.

“I think he’s got a lot of competition for that place, he knows that,” said Hodgson. “The fact that he’s a utility man gives him more chance of playing than if he only had one position he could play in.

“At the moment, since he’s come into that role he’s done extremely well alongside Jonathan Greening and Danny Murphy. Now he’s making it harder for Dickson Etuhu and Kagisho Dikgacoi to break into the Team.

“We’ve used a lot of players this year,” Hodgson continued. “There are a lot of players taking part who hardly got a look in last year. We’ve needed the squad and with all the games we’ve got, we’re still going to need them. Whilst people like Chris Baird are playing so well it’s a great advantage for me because I know that I’ve got good players battering the door down to get into the Team.

“I think he was harshly and perhaps unfairly judged before, playing at a time when things weren’t going well for the Club, playing in a position [right-back] which is arguably his least favourite position. He can play at right full-back but his more favoured positions would be centre back or in central midfield.

“Unfortunately when the team was being tarred with a somewhat negative brush, a lot of the tar stuck on him. Since I’ve worked with him he’s always impressed me with his ability and the things he can do. It’s just great that, due to an injury, he got his chance and he’s grabbed it with both hands.

“I’d like to think that during the two years we’ve worked together his game is perhaps better now than it was two years ago – but you’d have to ask him that. But it’s certainly not changed to the extent that he’s gone from someone who was a very poor player into a good player. He’s always been a good player, now he’s getting the chance to show it.”

La buena temporada que está hanciendo el teórico central irlandés Chris Baird en el centro del campo cottager le ha valido de Hodgson le felicite públicamente y además le ha quitado el sitio ha jugadores como Etuhu o Dikgacoi.
Que siga así! drunken
Cott
Cott
League Two
League Two

Mensaje  Cott 13/1/2010, 1:26 pm

Motspur Park Training Ground

Current importance of the cottagers Trainingh

Current importance of the cottagers Training2

Current importance of the cottagers Training3l

Current importance of the cottagers Training4

Current importance of the cottagers Training5

Current importance of the cottagers Training6

Current importance of the cottagers Training7

Current importance of the cottagers Training8

Así quedó nuestra ciudad deportiva tras las fuertes nevadas que ha traido el temporal a Londres, pese a estas imágenes, en la web oficial de Fulham se asegura que los operarios de Motspur Park han trabajado duro para tener el campo donde entrena el primer equipo cottager en buenas condiciones, y añaden que los de Hodgson han podido preparar con normalidad el partido que les enfrentará contra los Rovers este fin de semana.
Cott
Cott
League Two
League Two

Mensaje  Cott 18/1/2010, 3:02 pm

Ask Roy

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/January/AskRoy.aspx

Yo ya la he mandado Busy
Cott
Cott
League Two
League Two

Mensaje  Billy 10/9/2010, 10:54 am

Zamora signs new deal
Cottagers striker signs four-year contract

Bobby Zamora firma un nuevo contrato por cuatro temporadas más.
Link
Billy
Billy
Premier League Legend
Premier League Legend

Cantidad de envíos : 2362

http://truedons.blogspot.com/

Mensaje  Billy 21/9/2010, 1:51 pm

La madre del defensa del Fulham Chris Baird salió ilesa después de que un cóctel molotov fuera arrojado contra su vivienda en Irlanda del Norte. Este es el segundo ataque que sufre esta familia católica en tres semanas. Parece que el conflicto en la isla de irlanda sigue latente No
Billy
Billy
Premier League Legend
Premier League Legend

Mensaje  ilcapo_mcfc 21/9/2010, 2:37 pm

Billy escribió:La madre del defensa del Fulham Chris Baird salió ilesa después de que un cóctel molotov fuera arrojado contra su vivienda en Irlanda del Norte. Este es el segundo ataque que sufre esta familia católica en tres semanas. Parece que el conflicto en la isla de irlanda sigue latente No

¿Cuál es exactamente el conflicto?

Si es que sabes claro, me interesaría interiorizarme un poco en el tema.
ilcapo_mcfc
ilcapo_mcfc
The Mancunian Warrior
The Mancunian Warrior

Cantidad de envíos : 7424

Mensaje  Billy 21/9/2010, 3:54 pm

ilcapo_mcfc escribió:
Billy escribió:La madre del defensa del Fulham Chris Baird salió ilesa después de que un cóctel molotov fuera arrojado contra su vivienda en Irlanda del Norte. Este es el segundo ataque que sufre esta familia católica en tres semanas. Parece que el conflicto en la isla de irlanda sigue latente No

¿Cuál es exactamente el conflicto?

Si es que sabes claro, me interesaría interiorizarme un poco en el tema.

Pues no estoy muy puesto en el tema pero principalmente hay un conflicto de religiones entre católicos y protestantes, incluso están separados por barrios, y también entre los que se sienten irlandeses, mayoritariamente católicos y republicanos, y los que quieren seguir formando parte del Reino Unido, los protestantes... una historia que se refleja perfectamente en el Old Firm de Glasgow.
Billy
Billy
Premier League Legend
Premier League Legend

Mensaje  Method Man 21/9/2010, 4:01 pm

Solo hay que ver a Boruc:

Current importance of the cottagers Boruc-pope

Una pena los conflictos,cuando se darán cuenta de que todos somos hermanos y pisamos el mismo suelo,hay que respetar las creencias de todo el mundo.
Method Man
Method Man
Campeón del Mundo
Campeón del Mundo

Cantidad de envíos : 11677

Mensaje  Billy 21/9/2010, 4:09 pm

Parece un montaje lo de la camiseta... lo que si que se es que a Boruc le metieron una multa por santiguarse varias veces mirando a la afición del Rangers en plan provocación.
Billy
Billy
Premier League Legend
Premier League Legend

Mensaje  Method Man 21/9/2010, 4:11 pm

Aquí se ve mejor:

Current importance of the cottagers 85arturDM2704_468x555

Esto si es 1 montaje:

Current importance of the cottagers Pope_boruc%20t-shirt

Laughing Laughing
Method Man
Method Man
Campeón del Mundo
Campeón del Mundo

Cantidad de envíos : 11677

Mensaje  Billy 21/9/2010, 4:20 pm

Laughing Laughing

En cuanto a Boruc, todo un provocador, le debéis echar de menos por Parkhead Razz
Billy
Billy
Premier League Legend
Premier League Legend

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 1 de 2. 1, 2  Siguiente